BS-Nursing (Generic BSN)
Medicare School of Nursing (MSON) was established in 1997 as the first academic unit of S.M.Sohail Trust offering a 3-year Generic Nursing Diploma. In June 2003, MSON relocated to JinnahMedical College Hospital, Korangi Campus and was recognized for training in Midwifery & Cardiac specialties. MSON was upgraded to Jinnah College of Nursing (JCN) in 2009. Sohail University received its charter in 2019 and JCN became part of Sohail University. JCN is offering two undergraduate degree programs registered by the Pakistan Nursing Council and recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. JCN provides quality nursing education at affordable costs and encourages students from all areas of Pakistan to apply on merit basis.
To be a recognized center of excellence in nursing education in preparing a highly-skilled, caring workforce with leadership qualities through a commitment to innovative teaching, transformative research, and promoting the values of learning, leadership and service.
To pursue academic excellence and foster a student-centered environment characterized by mutual respect, integrity, honesty and ethical behavior in preparing young men and women as competent Nurses who understand Nursing is both Art and Science, combining modern skills with the tradition of caring for the infirm, sick and physically and mentally handicapped.
- The duration of Bachelor of Science (BSN) programs is four years. Each academic year comprises two semesters.
- There will be two regular semesters in an academic year, named Fall Semester and Spring Semester. Summer will be offered at the end of the year.
- Each semester will be of 18 working weeks – 16 weeks for teaching and two weeks for final Semester Examinations. Terminal/Final Examinations will be conducted by Sohail University at the end of each semester.
- An undergraduate program of instruction generally includes a 15-18 credit hours course load including exams in a regular semester. The required course load for a full-time undergraduate is a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester.
- The fee letter along with vouchers will be issued by the Accounts Department. Student Affairs will inform all students regarding fee payment one week before class commencement.
- The semester fee will be due within 10 days from the issuance of the fee letter.
- The examination fee will be charged at the start of each semester.
- Tuition fee will be paid in full.
- Attendance will not be marked of those students who fail to submit their fees within the deadline and student will not be allowed to sit in examinations.
- After paying the fee voucher, student will email the paid fee voucher to email@example.com
- A Late Surcharge of 3% will be charged after the due date for 15 working days and 5% after the due date 16th working day onwards.
- Scholarships will be decided by the Scholarship Committee. All students will be informed in writing of decision on their application and a summary of awards will be given to the Accounts Department. If any student has paid full fees before the scholarship awards are decided, then the extra fee will be adjusted in the next semester fees.
- For Scholarships awarded at the time of Admission for First Year, Semester 1, attendance and results of Semester 1 will be reviewed for renewal of Semester 2 Scholarship. First Year students who did not apply for scholarship at time of admission, may apply for Semester 2 scholarship award at the end of Semester 1.
- Scholarships will be awarded once a year to be applied to both semesters.
- Students must apply for renewal or new scholarship at the end of each even numbered semester so decisions can be made before the new Academic Year starts. Decisions will be made on the basis of merit (80% minimum attendance and passing all exams in previous Academic Year) and demonstration of financial need.
Proposed Academic Calendar 2022 – 2023
Fall Semester For Generic BSN Degree Program
Semester Duration (18 Weeks)
|Advertisement of Admission
|Sunday 4th September, 2022
|Monday 7th November, 2022
|Merit list with interview schedule
|Thursday 10th November, 2022
|Monday, Tuesday 14th & 15th November, 2022
|Monday 21st November, 2022
|Last date fee payment
|Wednesday 30th November, 2022
|Semester – I Commencement of classes
|Monday 2nd January, 2023
|Monday 6th March to Saturday 11th March, 2023
|Tuesday 2nd May to Saturday 13th May, 2023
|Monday 15th May to 30th June, 2023
|Monday 15th May to Friday 30th June, 2023
|Paper assessment & Result announcement
|Monday 15th May to Wednesday 30th June, 2023.
Spring Semester For Generic BSN Degree Program
Semester Duration (18 Weeks)
|Semester – II Commencement of classes
|Tuesday 3rd July , 2023
|Monday 27th August to Saturday 2nd September, 2023
|Monday 30th October to Saturday 11th November, 2023.
|Monday 13 November, to 31st December, 2023
|Monday 13th Nov to Saturday 31st December,2023
|Paper assessment & Result announcement
|Monday 13th November to Saturday 25th November, 2022
- Create an inclusive environment, reflecting the mission of the institution
- Develop and implement high-quality, innovative undergraduate education programs
- Teach students to develop critical thinking skills to solve healthcare problems
- Develop and maintain an assessment and evaluation system to provide feedback for improving the outcome of the programs
- Develop scholarly, skilled and able nurses who apply scientific methods in nursing practice
- Combine knowledge learnt from the physical and behavioral sciences, informatics, and the humanities and nursing theory and implement it into nursing professional practice
- Engage the students in the discovery of knowledge & develop critical thinking skills to solve the problem, of individual, family, & community and use these research findings for evidence-based nursing practice.
- Develop the ability to provide culturally sensitive care to diverse populations
- Promote nursing and inter-professional evidence-based practice
- Provide patient-centered holistic competent nursing care to individuals, families and populations across the health continuum in a variety of settings & emphasize patient safety and quality.
- Provide leadership in the transformation of healthcare
- Collaborate with healthcare team members to foster the optimal health of patients, families and their communities
The Bachelor of Science in nursing programs advances the knowledge & skill of nurses that are required for effective & efficient quality nursing care as well as for critical thinking to solve the problem of patients’ care. They learn about professional nursing roles, values, social justice and human dignity. They can collaborate the patient care through their communication skills with peers, patients’ families other health professionals. They will be able to demonstrate professional accountability and advocacy in making ethical decisions through adherence to professional standards.
WHY CHOOSE SOHAIL UNIVERSITY BSN PROGRAM?
- New horizon of opportunities will be open to you in nursing education, nursing practice, nursing research
- Affordable tuition fees
- JCN graduates find jobs in well-known organizations, both National and International
- You will learn how to advocate, create safe environments for others and apply evidence- based practices in clinical settings
- Enjoyable learning experience at a well-established hospital campus with students from a variety of other disciplines which allows for a vibrant student life
- Job opportunities for nurses in public and private sectors, both locally and abroad are never-ending as there is a severe shortage of skilled, competent nurses
- Become a nurse educator at college and university levels
- Work in a variety of settings: community, schools, hospitals, private homes, industries